Thursday, December 11, 2008

Strange Oracle Error : ORA-12505

I have been using Oracle 10g R2 for development for quite a while. However, when I was starting my application server from Eclipse today (not the first start, it should be near the 10th time after my machine boot in the morning), an exception is thrown saying:-

ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
The Connection descriptor used by the client was:
localhost:1521:orcl

This seems to be an TNS error, but I am very sure my last startup works and I never touched anything in Oracle since my last application server startup. I tried with tnsping orcl, it works and I have got no idea what's the cause. I tried restarting the TNS listener, oracle server itself as well as my Eclipse, nothing works

Finally, I decided to reboot my machine. And you know what, it works after reboot. Strange?

1 comment:

  1. A mi no me funciono, tambiƩn intente reiniciar mi maquina

    ReplyDelete